Information on conditions for access and visits
Booking a time slot is not mandatory to access the Musée d'Orsay, except on the 1st Sunday of the month (free admission):
- Visitors eligible for free admission can go directly to the museum entrance with their corresponding documents, as can visitors aged under 18 with their accompanying adults.
- Entry is free for all visitors on the 1st Sunday of the month. Reservation is mandatoty.
In order to fight against the spread of COVID-19, wearing a mask (not provided by the museum) is recommended. Physical distancing is required.
• An entry ticket for the Musée d'Orsay. This ticket is valid for the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions.
The time stamp on the Musée d'Orsay entrance ticket gives the bearer reserved access to Entrance A
• An audio guide for the Musée d’Orsay, valid for permanent collections and temporary exhibitions.
• A guided tour for the Masterpieces of the Musée d'Orsay. Tours in English are only available on the pages in English on the website.
These tours are not open to children under 13 years old.
The number of tickets that can be bought is limited to 6 admissions and 6 audio guides.
Free entry without booking, on presentation of the corresponding document:
• Under 18s
• Visitors aged 18 to 25 years old who are EU citizens or long-term residents of an EU country
• Holders of a valid ICOM card
• Visitors with disabilities with one accompanying person
Read the full list on our website musee-orsay.fr
Access to the museum is free for all visitors on the 1st Sunday of every month (reservation is mandatory).
• Entry to the Musée d'Orsay: If you accompany children aged under 18 years old, living in the European Union, you can enjoy the Enfants & Cie rate. Limited to 2 accompanying persons per child and to one visit of 6 people at most.
• Audioguide: Single fixed rate, no reduction.
• Guided tours: concessions for Carte Blanche cardholders only
To respect social distancing rules, online booking is obligatory for entry in the 30 minutes that follow the timeslot at Entrance A (River Seine side) and Entrance C (Rue de Lille side).
The Entrance chosen will be stated on the ticket of your booking.
You can fill in a membership form at the museum desk, send the form off by post, or complete the form online on the FNAC website.
For more information on membership, go to: www.musee-orsay.fr
Bookings must be made in advance, at least one month prior to the requested visit date. Full information on booking a group visit is available at: www.musee-orsay.fr
Reservation is mandatory for all group visits (7 people or more), whether for adults, schools, and visitors from disadvantaged social groups or with disabilities, with or without a tour guide.
The use of individuals tickets for a group is not authorised.
If you arrive outside your time slot, you forfeit your reserved access.
Your ticket remains valid on the day of reservation under the same waiting conditions as visitors without a time-stamped ticket.
The ticket is valid for a single admission:
• Museum entry tickets: on the visit date booked, within the 30 mins following the booked timeslot for priority access.
• Audio guides: on the visit date booked.
• Tickets for a guided tour, an activity or an event in the auditorium: solely for the selected booking.
The cloakrooms are free. Only suitcases, travel bags and backpacks less than 56 x 45 x 25 cm are authorised, subject to available space.
The following payment cards are accepted on our website billetterie.musee-orsay.fr: Debit Card, Visa, Eurocard-Mastercard, American Express.
If no error message was displayed indicating refused payment, do not repeat the order.
Check if your tickets are available in the ‘My Orders’ section of your customer account.
Two emails, one payment confirmation and one order confirmation, are systematically sent to the email address entered when creating your account.
If in doubt, please contact us using the following form, via the section “Technical problem concerning payment of my order”:
Contact the online ticket office
You may display the ticket sent by email or downloaded from our e-commerce site on your phone. To facilitate access, make sure that the bar code is clearly legible on the phone screen and that the screen luminosity is set to maximum.
We cannot modify your order and tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
A refund is only possible if the corresponding event is cancelled or modified by the Musée d’Orsay, under our general terms and conditions of sale. Terms of sales
Only orders placed on our official website billetterie.musee-orsay.fr can be processed by the Musée d’Orsay.
We recommend that you contact the vendor site from which you purchased your tickets.
Check that your previous order was placed using the same address. You can verify by checking the registration and order confirmation emails received.
You can request to change your password by clicking “Forgot your password?”
If your email address has already been registered, you will receive an email with a link enabling you to set a new password. The password must contain at least 6 characters, including at least one digit and one capital letter.
If you do not receive an email, remember to check your “Spam” folder.
In this case, you need to create a new online account using your usual email address.
If an account associated with this address has previously been created at the museum or by telephone, the information will be updated with the information entered for the online account.
Remember to enter your postal address if you want to receive or continue to receive our news by post.
You can edit your account information online via your profile. Only the email address cannot be modified.
You can request the deletion of your personal information under the terms of Article 7 of our general terms and conditions of sale. Terms of sales
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you haven't found the information you were looking for by this Contact form or go to our website: musee-orsay.fr.