Établissement public du musée d’Orsay et du musée de l’Orangerie - General Conditions of Sale
- ARTICLE 1 – PURPOSE
- ARTICLE 2 – CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TICKETS SOLD
- ARTICLE 3 – PROCESS FOR ORDERING
- ARTICLE 4 – RATES
- ARTICLE 5 – MEANS OF PAYMENT
- ARTICLE 6 – CONDITIONS OF USE OF TICKETS
- ARTICLE 7 – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- ARTICLE 8 – CANCELLATION, REIMBURSEMENT AND EXCHANGES
- ARTICLE 9 – LIABILITY
- ARTICLE 10 – FORCE MAJEURE
- ARTICLE 11 – CUSTOMER SERVICE
- ARTICLE 12 – FINAL PROVISIONS
These conditions apply from 1 April 2020 onwards.
ARTICLE 1 – PURPOSE
The purpose of these General Conditions of Sale is to define the contractual provisions between:
The Etablissement public du musée d'Orsay et du musée de l’Orangerie (hereinafter the ‘EPMOO’), a national public institution of an administrative nature, registered under number 180 092 447 000 10 in the SIRENE registry of businesses in France of the INSEE public office of French national statistics, with EU VAT number FR 601 800 92 447, and with its head office located at 62 rue de Lille, 75343 Paris cedex 07,
These General Conditions of Sale do not therefore apply to:
- on-site sales
- network of sales partners
- collective sales (minimum of 500 single tickets bought by professionals in advance)
The Buyer acknowledges that they have taken into consideration these General Conditions of Sale prior to confirming their order. In placing an order, a buyer fully and irrevocably abides by these General Conditions of Sale.
The EPMOO reserves the right to adapt or modify these General Conditions of Sale at any time and without notice. The terms that apply are those in force on the day when the order is placed.
2 – DEFINITIONS
All the terms defined below, whether used in the singular or plural, bear the following meanings:
- ‘Ticket’: The entrance ticket, in whichever form it takes, by which one gains access to the Musée d’Orsay and/or the Musée de l’Orangerie, bought by the Customer on the Website. The price rates of the Tickets can be viewed on the Website. The rate applied is that which is in force on the day when the order is placed.
- ‘Buyer’: Any person who purchases a Ticket on the Website and who has accepted the General Conditions of Sale.
- ‘General Conditions of Sale’: These conditions, the purpose of which is to set forth the conditions under which Tickets may be bought and used.
- ‘Visitor’: The person who goes to the entrance of the Musée d’Orsay or the Musée de l’Orangerie, holding a Ticket.
ARTICLE 2 – CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TICKETS SOLD
2.1 The tickets for sale on the Website are for the following services:
- Entering the Musée d’Orsay to gain access to the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions of the Musée d’Orsay.
- Entering the Musée de l’Orangerie to gain access to the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions of the Musée de l’Orangerie.
- Renting the audio guide of the Musée d'Orsay and the Musée de l'Orangerie.
- Adult guided tours in the Musée d’Orsay and the Musée de l’Orangerie.
- Workshops for children and families in the Musée d'Orsay and the Musée de l’Orangerie.
- Performances, concerts and conferences at the Musée d’Orsay and the Musée de l’Orangerie.
- Seats for cinema screenings in the Musée d’Orsay Auditorium.
2.2 The number of Tickets sold online per order and per person is limited as follows:
- 6 for entry to the Musée d’Orsay
- 6 for entry to the Musée de l’Orangerie
- 6 for renting an audio guide
- 6 for guided tours
- 4 for children’s workshops
- 6 for performances, concerts and conferences
- 6 for seats in cinema screenings
The same person cannot place several orders spread over time to get around this rule.
Tickets are purchased in real time. As part of this, the website informs the buyer of the availability of tickets requested when the order is placed.
- The following information is stated on the Tickets delivered by the EPMOO:
- Name and/or logo of the museum, either ‘Musée d’Orsay’ or ‘Musée de l’Orangerie’ or ‘Musées d’Orsay et de l’Orangerie’.
- Name of the service sold.
- Dates and times of the service.
- Type of rate and amount in euros, net of tax.
- Purchase date of the ticket.
- Barcode for the ticket to be validated at the museum entrance.
- The ticket number assigned by the computer system.
- The door number for entering the museum.
- The guarantee of priority access within half an hour.
- The meeting point for guided tours and workshops.
ARTICLE 3 – PROCESS FOR ORDERING
The Buyer purchases their Ticket online as follows:
- They create an account on the Website by entering their contact details or, if they already have an account, their log-in details.
- They choose their service(s) on the Website.
- They select the date and time of their visit using the calendar displaying the available timeslots. When a timeslot is no longer available, it is displayed as full.
- In the drop-down menu, they choose the number of Tickets they would like then they click on ‘Add to basket’. The service(s) chosen are saved in the basket for 30 minutes.
- To confirm their order, they click on ‘Buy now’. An order summary is displayed. If the order matches that which the Buyer would like to purchase, they confirm the order. If the order does not match that which the Buyer would like to purchase, they go back to choosing Tickets.
- They enter their contact details.
- They accept the General Conditions of Sale and click on ‘Pay’.
- They pay by bank card by signing in, if need be, using the 3-D Secure protocol with the code sent by their bank.
- If the payment is accepted, an order confirmation is displayed and the Buyer receives a summary e-mail with their Ticket(s) in PDF format.
- The Buyer prints their Ticket(s) or downloads them on their mobile phone.
As long as the payment has not been saved, the Buyer may modify the details of their order. Once the payment has been confirmed, the Buyer cannot cancel or modify their order.
ARTICLE 4 – RATES
The prices of the Tickets are stated in euros, net of tax. Only the full-rate Tickets and concessions are offered in online sales. A Visitor who is entitled to free entry should go straight to the entry controls, with their relevant supporting documents.
The rates that apply are those in force on the day when the order is placed. The EPMOO reserves the right to modify prices at any time.
Rates, conditions for reduced rates and exemptions from entry fees can be read at the following address: https://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/visit/admission/admission-fees or https://www.musee-orangerie.fr/en/article/rates-and-ticket-office.
A Visitor who is entitled to a reduced rate or to free entry should show, at the entry controls, their pass granting them access to the services, as well as the relevant supporting document, which should still be valid, name-based and include a photograph. In the event of the supporting document not being shown or not being compliant, the Visitor will be refused access to the service.
By purchasing a full-rate Ticket, the Buyer relinquishes any reduced rate or free entry to which they may have been entitled for their visit.
ARTICLE 5 – MEANS OF PAYMENT
All orders are payable in euros, whatever their origin.
Payment for Tickets is made by bank card. Cards accepted for paying for an order at the online ticket office are cards from the networks Carte Bleue, Visa, Eurocard, Mastercard and American Express. The Buyer’s bank account is debited when the order is finally confirmed.
The EPMOO uses a secure online payment module certified by international authorities that is incorporated into the sales and bookings solution.
ARTICLE 6 – CONDITIONS OF USE OF TICKETS
6.1 A Ticket can be printed when an e-mail is received confirming the order stated in Article X and can be downloaded via a hypertext link provided in said e-mail. The Buyer should have printed the Ticket prior to their visit, without any changes made to the printing size, which should be a full page of white A4 paper that is blank on both sides. In no cases is it possible to print the Ticket on site. Tickets downloaded on a mobile telephone are also accepted. A ticket corresponds to each service paid for. Tickets that are partly or poorly printed, or that are damaged or illegible, are invalid.
It is strictly forbidden to duplicate or forge a Ticket in any way.
6.2 Tickets are marked with a time and date, and are valid exclusively for the service, at the date stated and from the time stated. Tickets grant access to the Musée d'Orsay via entrance A or C or to the Musée de l’Orangerie within the half-hour of the time stated. In the event of lateness beyond this timeslot for access, the Ticket remains valid for the same day. A Ticket grants access only once to the service to which it corresponds and any exit is definitive.
6.3 Each Ticket purchased online is personal and non-transferable. The first person to show the Ticket is presumed to be its legitimate holder. Any person who arrives later with a copy of the Ticket shall be refused access to the service.
6.4 Access to the service is subject to a check of the Ticket's validity. The Ticket includes a barcode and is checked and registered using barcode-scanners by the control officers. The Visitor must keep their Ticket for the entire duration of the service.
The EPMOO shall not be held responsible for any loss or theft or use of copies, including inside the Musée d’Orsay and the Musée de l’Orangerie.
ARTICLE 7 – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
7.1 – Personal data
The Buyer is informed that their personal data collected via the Website is used by the EPMOO, who acts as the data controller in the sense of EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter “General Data Protection Regulation”).
When the order is placed, the Buyer is asked to provide the following personal data: family name, first name, date of birth, invoice address, e-mail address and telephone number. Only information marked with an asterisk is required for processing and must obligatorily be provided. If it is not provided, the Buyer’s request will not be able to be taken into account.
The Buyer’s personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- Managing orders and relations with the Buyer.
- Sending the EPMOO’s newsletters by e-mail (subject to the Buyer’s acceptance beforehand). At any time, the Buyer can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each e-mail.
For this, the legal basis for processing is contractual when managing purchases, based on consent regarding the Buyer’s subscription to the EPMOO’s newsletter. The data saved is reserved for use by the EPMOO’s authorised departments and can be sent to subcontracted service providers who are involved in the ticket-purchasing process.
The personal data collected in this way will be kept for the following durations:
- Three years from the last purchase.
- In the case of a newsletter subscription, for the duration of the subscription.
Pursuant to France’s modified Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and to the General Data Protection Regulation, the Buyer has the right to view, rectify, limit, transfer and delete their data.
They also have the right to contest the processing of their personal data and the right to contest this data being used for the purposes of prospecting for business. Furthermore, they can define advance directives on the processing of their personal data post mortem.
To exercise their rights, the Buyer should send a request to the EPMOO’s Data Protection Officer, accompanied with a photocopy of proof of identity, if need be, to the following postal address: Etablissement public du musée d'Orsay et de l’Orangerie, Service des affaires juridiques et des marchés publics 62 rue de Lille 75343 Paris cedex 07 France
Or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Buyer can also send a request to the CNIL, France’s public body for personal data protection.
ARTICLE 8 – CANCELLATION, REIMBURSEMENT AND EXCHANGES
8.1 Pursuant to Article L 121-21-8-12° of the French Consumer Code, museum entrance and service Tickets are not subject to a right to withdrawal.
8.2 The Tickets are non-transferable, non-modifiable, non-exchangeable and cannot be resold.
8.3 Any Ticket issued cannot be exchanged or reimbursed, except in the event of the EPMOO cancelling or modifying the service to which the Ticket grants access, and under the conditions set forth in Article 8.4. However, exchanges or reimbursements are not possible when a cancellation results from force majeure, as defined in Article 10.
8.4 Due to imperatives regarding the safety of people and goods, the EPMOO reserves the right to close or to modify its opening times. In the event of the EPMOO cancelling or modifying the service stated on the Ticket, the Buyer will be contacted as quickly as possible to be informed of this and, if possible, will be offered a postponement of the service concerned. If the postponement is not possible, the Buyer may receive reimbursement of the Ticket price. They should send a request within three (3) months from the date of cancellation or modification of the service, showing the valid Ticket and their bank account details or bank card number with its expiry date, excluding all other compensation or damages, by e-mail or by post to the following address:
Etablissement public du musée d’Orsay Service administration des ventes
62 rue de Lille 75007 Paris France
This reimbursement will only be paid to the initial Buyer with the Ticket being handed over in exchange.
ARTICLE 9 – LIABILITY
9.1 The EPMOO shall not be held liable for any non-performance or poor performance of the services to which the Tickets give access, which shall be ascribed either to the Buyer, or to an event that is unpredictable and insuperable for a third party, or to force majeure as defined in Article 11 of these General Conditions of Sale.
9.2 Unless problems are due to the Website not working properly, the EPMOO shall not be held liable for any problem that arises when an order is placed for a Ticket, when a Ticket is processed, or when a Ticket is downloaded or printed, such a problem being either due to the Buyer, or due to an event that is unpredictable and insuperable for a third party outside of the service, or due to a failure of a computer or server, or due to a failure in telecommunications, including networks and notably the internet.
9.3 The EPMOO shall not be held liable for use of purchased Tickets, the Buyer alone being responsible for their own use of them or for a third party’s use of them.
ARTICLE 10 – FORCE MAJEURE
The Buyer and the EPMOO shall not be held liable for any non-performance due to force majeure considered as such by jurisprudence and French law courts.
ARTICLE 11 – CUSTOMER SERVICE
For any information or question about use of the Website, the conditions of use of the Tickets or the terms for ordering, issuing, and reimbursing the Tickets, the Buyer can contact the customer service:
- by e-mail at email@example.com
- via the form available online
- by post to the following address:
Etablissement public du musée d’Orsay
Service administration des ventes
62, rue de Lille
75007 Paris France
ARTICLE 12 – FINAL PROVISIONS
All Visitors are subject to the rules and regulations for visiting the Musée d’Orsay and the Musée de l’Orangerie.
The ticket sales mentioned in these General Conditions of Sale are governed by French law.
In the event of any dispute or complaint, the Buyer should first contact the EPMOO to find an amicable solution. Disputes fall within the jurisdiction of Paris.